Friday 2 September 2016

In Vaasa, Finland

This summer I visited Vaasa, a town located in the Ostrobothnian Gulf in West Finland
This area, at least has two official languages: Finnish and Swedish. It has only 58000 inhabitants and it is surrounded by many islands, which every year come out of the sea. It is an archipelago with a particular charm and beauty. Here the local people spend the summers in their cottages, located near the sea, perhaps on islands. As in all Northern countries, summers here are very bright and are blessed by the day light longer than anywhere else. I had many surprises, started from the very first day. The autistic hotel I lived, with everything online and electronic and no reception and person to talk to, the flowers I haven’t seen anywhere else, the gees and the rabbits that you could find just everywhere. In those days I was staying there, I met wonderful people, I experienced the local tradition of daily sauna and cold bath in sea after, I tasted various types of food, from home cooked to Egyptian and Thai. Of course, the greatest joy is to meet your sahaji brothers and sisters. I just felt home in the beautiful sahaj center, together with my family and we celebrated together Shri Krishna puja.  But, besides being pampered by my new friends there, also the nature fulfilled my dreams and wishes. Who doesn’t want to experiment seeing the Polar lights? Well, I saw them! It was a wonderful light show created by nature. And also, when I was playing myself with the angle, a caught a pike fish. To these I add the tour and the nice dinner offered by Kalle and Lena, their wonderful stories and jokes and the walks in the woods, searching for berries, mushrooms and rabbits. The only unfulfilled dream was to see a reindeer. Ok. Next time maybe!





The music is Toivo Kuula, Piano Trio Op. 7, 1st part. Toivo Kuula was born in Vaasa in 1883.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toivo_Kuula



No comments:

Post a Comment